22nd March 2013
After months and months of hard work Version 1.0 of my new DJ Template for the APC-40 and Ableton is finally available to download. Along with a master Ableton file I have created Python custom midi scripts that add a whole load of new functionality to the APC-40 including:
- 1) Instant timed looping with the arm buttons (/16, /8, /4, /2, 1, 2, 4, 8. Use with shift for added loop control.)
- 2) Vertical ‘Red Box’ Scene scrolling with the Cue Knob to quickly navigate your livesets. (Use with shift to change tempo)
- 3) Instant timed FX with the scene launch buttons (/16, /8, /4, /2, 1. Use with shift to change the FX including Repeats, Repeat Roll, Gater, Beat Masher, Filter Roll)
- 4) Maps the Device Control to a ton of cool FX (Including: Metalize, Filter Roll, Gater, Repeat Roll, Fade 2 Grey, Beat Masher)
- 5) Maps the Track Control section to an additional EQ and FX rack (Including Low, Mid, High, Gain, Filter, LFO Filter, Reverb Trail, Fade 2 Red)
- 6) All FX racks come with cutoff and modifier knobs for maximum control of FX.
- 7) Use the Play button to reset the current tracks FX
- 8) Use the Stop button to reset all the tracks FX
- 9) Use Detail View to toggle from Loop mode to Cue mode. Cue mode allows you to change the functionality of the Cue Knob (Including: Cue, Scroll Scene, Enhanced Tempo Control, Scrub Clips, Change selected Clips Start/End Point)
- 10) Track Selection buttons auto select currently playing clip and can also toggle between Track and Clip Views to quickly see that tracks FX racks.
- 11) Template can be turned on/off using the Metronome button so can switch back to normal APC functionality at any point during set.
- 12) Template has been built to be flexible so if you don’t like the number of tracks or FX racks it uses you can simply delete them and the other features like instant looping, red box scrolling etc. will still work.
- 13) The Cross Fader is connected to a track loaded with scratch samples along with a scratch FX panel to simulate Traktors Gater effect, but with added functionality. (As with point 12, if you don’t like this you can simply delete it)
For a full description and links to download the files, head to my DJ Template page, enjoy!!